Archive for May 2015

[ecrea] CFP: Teaching Popular Culture - Deadline 1 Month Away

Mon May 11 11:00:17 GMT 2015

The Northeast Popular/American Culture Association is seeking papers on
popular and American culture, broadly construed, for its annual fall
conference to be held on Friday October 30 and Saturday October 31,
2015, on the campus of Colby-Sawyer College in New London, NH.  NEPCA
prides itself on holding conferences that emphasize sharing ideas in a
non-competitive and supportive environment.  We welcome proposals from
graduate students, junior faculty, and senior scholars.  NEPCA
conferences offer intimate and nurturing sessions in which new ideas and
works-in-progress can be aired, as well as completed projects.

In particular, I am the chair of the Teaching and Popular Culture area
and I'm really interested in hearing about and seeing the different ways
instructors use popular culture in their courses--be it their core
curriculum or even courses on popular culture.  If you have some ideas
about a panel as a whole or individual papers that you would like to
present on regarding this area, please be sure to submit.  A larger goal
of this area is to create a place to foster ideas and approaches to
teaching popular culture, regardless of the discipline.

NEPCA Fall Conference information, including the paper proposal form,
can be found here (https://nepca.wordpress.com/fall-conference/).
Please submit the form, including a brief CV and abstract, located on
the site.  Both proposals for individual papers and complete panels will
be considered.  Please direct any questions to either 2015 Program Chair
Kraig Larkin ((kraig.larkin /at/ colby-sawyer.edu)
<mailto:(kraig.larkin /at/ colby-sawyer.edu)>) and/or to the appropriate Area
Chair.  For a complete list of Area Chairs, please visit the NEPCA
website
(https://nepca.wordpress.com/fall-conference/nepca-area-chairs/).   The
deadline for proposals is June 15, 2015.

If you submitted prior to April 29th and did not receive an email
confirmation of your submission, please contact (nepca2015 /at/ gmail.com)
<mailto:(nepca2015 /at/ gmail.com)> ASAP.  We've had some reports of people
submitting their abstract and not receiving a receipt and we want to
make sure we have everyone who has submitted.

Good tidings,
Lance

Lance Eaton
@leaton