Archive for May 2015

[ecrea] New Lectureships at Loughborough University

Fri May 08 11:00:24 GMT 2015

Apologies for cross posting. Please see details of the new vacancies at
Loughborough University.  As Loughborough has an excellent reputation
for its research and teaching in communication, media and cultural
studies, as well as the social sciences more generally, it falls within
this appointment initiative
(http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/socialsciences/).

Job details:

https://vacancies.lboro.ac.uk/jobdesc/REQ15296.pdf

Job title Lecturer

Job reference REQ15296

Date posted 05/05/2015

Application closing date 04/06/2015

Location Salary£38,511 - £45,954 per annum

Package Research, Teaching and Enterprise,

Job category/type Research and Teaching Job description

LECTURER POSITIONS ACROSS ALL OUR DISCIPLINES

Loughborough University is committed to delivering high-quality research
and inspirational teaching. Our strategy is focused on attracting
academic colleagues who share this commitment. That's why we have
created a range of new lectureships in disciplines across campus.

We'll consider colleagues from any subject area for these new roles.
What matters is your potential to conduct research at the very highest
levels of quality, and your ability to convey this passion to your students.

If you join us you will be allocated a PhD studentship and a small grant
to kick-start your work here. You'll also be joining one of Britain's
most successful universities and benefit from a positive working
environment on a green campus.

David Deacon

Professor of Communication and Media Analysis

Department of Social Sciences

+++

In addition to the five already advertised Lectureship positions in Communication and Media Studies, Loughborough University is seeking to appoint more Lecturers for its new London campus. This includes positions in communication, media and cultural studies.

A Lectureship position is equivalent to a tenure track Assistant Professorship in the US system, and includes both research and teaching duties.

Job details:

https://vacancies.lboro.ac.uk/jobdesc/REQ15296.pdf

Job title Lecturer

Job reference REQ15296