Archive for March 2015

[ecrea] Conference Cultures in Disarray: Destruction/Reconstruction

Wed Mar 11 21:06:05 GMT 2015

We are delighted to invite you to submit abstracts to the King's College London conference “Cultures in Disarray: Destruction/Reconstruction” on June 11th and 12th. The Conference is organized by PhD candidates from the Communication, Media and Creative Industries department at King's College London.

This year we are pleased to have three prominent researchers doing keynotes: Prof. Elisabetta Lazzaro, Université Libre de Bruxelles; Prof. Peter Dahlgren, Lund University; Prof. Nick Couldry. London School of Economics.

We invite abstracts on the following themes but welcome papers that may not fall directly within them, and feedback about how me may alter or add to them.

*

The Problems: analyses of cultures in disarray, common explanations, causes, dynamics and configurations.
*

Conceptual Frameworks: changes and developments in the basic notions and questions about the idea of culture, ontology and technology.
*

Specific Sites of Contention:
*

The Arts / Creative Industries
*

Education / Knowledge Production
*

Media / Public Sphere
*

Management / Entrepreneurship
*

Politics / Ideology
*

Economy / Culture of Money
*

Urban Culture / Community Development
*

Reconstructions: ideas, strategies, designs, and case studies of emergent cultures that provide instruction and hope.

We welcome contributions from postgraduate students and academic staff until 1st April, 2015 (paper title, a 250-word abstract and author information - full name, institutional affiliation and email address). Please send to: (cmci-conference /at/ kcl.ac.uk). Notifications regarding acceptance will be sent by 15th of April 2015.

We will try to publish a selection of the best papers of our Conference after it is finished. If you want to have your paper evaluated for this publication, please send the full paper (Max. 7,000 words) to us by 20th of May 2015.

In case of queries please contact:

Agnieszka Widuto:(agnieszka.widuto /at/ kcl.ac.uk), Mengying Li: (mengying.li /at/ kcl.ac.uk), Ya-Chiao Tu:(ya-chiao.tu /at/ kcl.ac.uk), Leandro Augusto Borges Lima:(leandro_augusto.borges_lima /at/ kcl.ac.uk)

To keep yourself updated, please visit our conference website:

https://thecmcisocialfactory.wordpress.com/cultures-in-disarray/