Archive for March 2015

[ecrea] Civic Media Project launch

Wed Mar 11 16:52:01 GMT 2015

For the last few years, I, along with my co-editor Paul Mihailidis, have been working on a book project about the range and diversity of civic media examples. What started as a modest collection of chapters, has turned into a two-part behemoth: one part print book and one part sizable online collection of case studies from academics and practitioners from around the world. The book won’t be published until early next year (by MIT Press), but I am happy to say that the online behemoth is officially ready for consumption. The Civic Media Project (CMP) is a collection of over 100 case studies on a range of topics, from open government in New York to hashtag activism in Brazil to mobile money in Somaliland. The cases have been vetted through an open peer review process, so most of the cases are already accompanied by a rich dialogue and critique. There is also a guide for educators interested in bringing the CMP into the classroom.

Here’s the link: http://civicmediaproject.org

Please give it a look and share widely with your networks. I’m proud of the collection and all the hard work that went into it from so many contributors.

All the best,
Eric

Eric Gordon, ph.d.
Associate Professor, Emerson College
Director, Engagement Lab

Faculty Associate, Berkman Center for Internet and Society
Harvard University

http://engagementlab.emerson.edu
(617) 824-8828