Archive for March 2015

[ecrea] Summer Fellowships 2015, HIIG Berlin: Deadline March 2015

Fri Mar 06 21:11:25 GMT 2015

our call for summer fellows is closing soon, the deadline is March 15. The call specifically addresses PhD candidates and Post-Docs, and I'd more than happy to see applications from people with a background media and communication studies, STS and cultural studies.

Please see below or the following for the specs:
http://www.hiig.de/en/summer-fellows-2015/

Best,
Christian

##

This year the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society is once again opening its doors for summer fellows from all over the globe. We invite applications from early stage researchers pursuing transdisciplinary internet research. If you are seeking exchange regarding your research aspirations and think your objectives match or complement ours, we look forward to hearing from you!

Opportunities
As an early stage researcher we offer a place to proceed with your research in an international and transdisciplinary team. Just as the fellowship our summer fellowship provides innovative thinkers a unique opportunity to exchange experiences and set off new initiatives in an inviting intellectual environment. In addition to that you will get in touch with other summer fellows during the common research period. The selected fellows are very welcome to collaborate in a growing international team and to participate in the research activities at our institute. We encourage you to actively shape your stay according to your research interests. We offer a number of opportunities to get involved with our research programme and discuss your research project with the HIIG research team, such as:

Writing a paper related to your research project, e.g. publishing a journal paper in our SSRN Internet & Society Series
Holding a presentation about a topic of your choice in our weekly HIIG Club
Organising a workshop related to your research topic
Engage in joint activities and projects with other fellows
And more – according to your interest
Time frame
The summer fellow programme 2015 starts earliest at 1 June 2015. We offer fellowships ranging from 3 to 12 months starting from this date. Fellowships must cover the period from 1 July to 31 August to guarantee the exchange among all our fellows. Applications are requested at the latest on 1 March 2015 15 March 2015.

Allowances
Fellows are expected to bring their own funding through their home institution or outside grants. Fellows must take care of their accommodation, insurance, childcare, and transportation arrangements. However, in specific cases we can provide fellows on request with a travel allowance of up to € 700,- and a visa subsidy of up to € 200,-.

Qualifications
Master’s degree
PhD planned or in full process
Fluency in English; command of German is appreciated
Research experience and an internet research project of your own
Required application documents
curriculum vitae
letter of motivation explaining your interest in the fellowship, your expectations and your research background (1 page) outline of a) your research project, b) the work you propose to conduct during the fellowship, c) contributions you plan to realise during your stay, d) projects on our research agenda that are of interest to you, and e) if possible, preferred project partners at our institute (maximum 3 pages total) optional: your latest publication or work sample covering internet research (maximum of 1 paper / chapter / presentation in English or German)
Current Call
Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding the application process or the programme in general via (application /at/ hiig.de).

http://www.hiig.de/en/summer-fellows-2015/