Archive for January 2015

[ecrea] CFP - Media and History Revisited Indiana University

Wed Jan 28 08:45:01 GMT 2015

*CALL FOR PAPERS*

*XXVI Conference of the International Association for Media and History*

       *Media and History Revisited*

*Indiana University <http://www.iub.edu/>(Bloomington, IN, USA), 17-20 June 2015*

*Closing date for proposals (extended): before March 1, 2015*

*Confirmed Keynote-Speakers: Gary Edgerton <http://garyedgerton.com/> and Robert Rosenstone <http://www.rosenstone.com/>*

Papers are invited for the biennial IAMHIST (International Association of Media and History <http://iamhist.org/>) Congress, to be held at Indiana University (Bloomington, IN, USA) on the theme of "Media and History Revisited." We welcome paper proposals on film, radio, television, and new media of all eras and nationalities shedding new light on longstanding or recent media historical topics. Themes to explore might include (but are not limited to):

   * Production, Distribution, and Reception Histories
   * Censorship
   * Adaptation
   * Economics and marketing
   * Media and National Identity
   * Transnational collaboration and conflict
   * Media as political and social discourse
   * Genre-based inquiry
   * The emergence and impact of new technologies / special effects
   * Conservation and archiving
   * Representation

Proposals for papers should be sent to prof Brett Bowles ((bowlesb /at/ indiana.edu) <mailto:(bowlesb /at/ indiana.edu)>).

*Special areas CFPs of the 2015 conference:*

*The Digital Archive and Historical Media Research <http://iamhist.org/2015/01/cfp-xxvi-conference-international-association-media-history-special-area-digital-archive-historical-media-research/>*

*Media and Nostalgia <http://iamhist.org/2015/01/2432/>*

Please include an abstract of no more than 300 words and a cover sheet with a brief biographical note, your institutional affiliation (where relevant) and your contact details (including your email address).

We welcome proposals either for individual papers or full panels of 3-4 papers. We anticipate sessions of 90 minutes (20 minutes per paper plus 30 minutes of questions / discussion).

Closing date for proposals: * 1 March 2015*

You will be notified of the acceptance of your paper *by 20 March 2015.*

It is expected that the conference fee will be approximately $150. Day rates and reduced rates for postgraduate students will be available. All participants are expected to be IAMHIST members. Membership includes several benefits, including a subscription to the /Historical Journal of Film, Radio, and Television/. Details about IAMHIST membership can be found on our website <http://iamhist.org/membership-2/>.

Accommodations will be available at the Indiana University Memorial Union <http://www.imu.indiana.edu/> (single, en-suite hotel rooms) and in a nearby university dormitory at a discount rate.

For more information: consult the IAMHIST website <http://iamhist.org/>.

- See more at: http://iamhist.org/2014/10/cfp-xxvi-iamhist-conference-media-history-revisited/#sthash.J2sb6FVn.l98smueu.dpuf