[ecrea] Post-doc fellowship in media literacy: call 2015

Tue Oct 07 22:32:40 GMT 2014

The Université catholique de Louvain (Belgium) launched a call for application for “MOVE IN Louvain” incoming post-doctoral fellowships (12-24 months) in all disciplines (*).

We (Prof. Pierre Fastrez & Prof. Thierry De Smedt) are looking for outstanding candidates with an international research profile to submit an application in response to this call under our supervision. The proposed research activities would have to be in line with our current research *in the field of media literacy*, along the following lines:

    * the conceptual definition of media literacy;
    * the development of validated media literacy levels assessment tools;
* the relationship between the individuals' media literacy levels and their ability to appropriate contemporary societal issues (e.g. health, sustainable development, environmental issues, economical issues) through the media; * the relative efficiency of media education initiatives depending on their pedagogy:
    * the practical introduction of media education in school curricula.

Any interested candidate should contact Prof. Pierre Fastrez ((pierre.fastrez /at/ uclouvain.be)) and Prof. Thierry De Smedt ((thierry.desmedt /at/ uclouvain.be)) with a proposed research project, by sending them :

    * part A (CV) of the application form (see link below) filled out,
* and a one page summary of the intended research in close relationship with the above list of current research topics.

Please send your proposal before November 7th 2014. We will select the candidate within two weeks after this deadline. The selected candidate(s) will complete the application process in collaboration with us.

Should the fellowship be awarded by the Université catholique de Louvain, the stay will take place in the GReMS: Groupe de recherche en médiation des savoirs:
https://www.uclouvain.be/grems.html

A selection of current and past projects of our research group is accessible at:
http://sites.uclouvain.be/grems/research/exhibit.html (in French)

Final deadline for the UCLouvain call: January 1st, 2015.

Call information + guide for applicants + application form:
In English: http://www.uclouvain.be/en-movein.html
In French: http://www.uclouvain.be/movein.html

Best regards,

Prof. Pierre Fastrez & Prof. Thierry De Smedt

(*) Are you eligible?

“MOVE-IN Louvain” Incoming post-doc Fellowships are addressed to:

* Experienced researchers holding a doctoral degree (PhD) or having at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience;
    * Researchers with a maximum of 6 years of post-doc experience;
* Researchers in mobility condition: who have not resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.

All nationalities are eligible.