[ecrea] Journalism@Brunel is looking for a lecturer academic with digital journalism skills

Sun Sep 21 01:31:14 GMT 2014

Lecturer in Journalism

Vacancy Details

Summary

Job Type:

Academic

Category:

College of Business Art & Social Science

Closing Date:

13/10/2014

Date Posted:

12/09/2014

Reference:

IAE0004-1

Description

Journalism@Brunel is looking for a lecturer in digital/multimedia journalism. This is an exciting time to join us. The August 2014 national survey ranked our programmes top in London and seventh in the country for overall student satisfaction. Over 70% of our students achieved a 2.1 and above last year and 85% of our graduates were working or studying within six months of graduating. This year the figures are likely to be higher with an unprecedented number of students securing industry jobs in the final months of their degree. All our full time staff, including the academics, have worked as journalists; all but one was submitted in the last REF; and in the past 12 months our research has secured funding from a range of sources including through political party consultancy, local authorities and research councils Two of our courses (PG & UG) are accredited by the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ).

Journalism@Brunel is entering a new, dynamic phase of development. As part of a recent restructure journalism has joined film/TV and game design in a new division within the College of Business, Arts and Social Sciences. This is expected to open new possibilities for programme and/or research collaborations and multimedia/digital journalism is expected to play a key role in this.

The person we are looking for will have expertise and teaching experience in multimedia/ digital journalism and successful dissertation/project supervision at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Experience as a practitioner is preferable. They will have a PhD/be close to completion and experience of course leadership, especially in NCTJ accredited courses is preferable. The successful candidate will help us build on these successes, recognize the potential in opportunities and willing to make the most of them. Applicants are required to submit with their application either an article published in an academic journal after January 2014 or a two-page summary of how they would bring theory and practice together in teaching.

Link: https://jobs.brunel.ac.uk/wrl/pages/vacancy.jsf;jsessionid=E615A23125F020DF1BAB986F0CE9525D?latest=9