[ecrea] CFP: Mediating Audiences

Thu Sep 18 08:17:13 GMT 2014

CFP: Media in Transition conference: Mediating Audiences

May 1-3, 2015

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Audiences now include readers and viewers (of exhibits, websites, film, television), players and users (of software and libraries) and people as busy conversing, writing, and photographing as they are listening or viewing and reading. Produced, regulated, contested, surveilled, disaggregated, and of course, studied, audiences remain central to our understanding of media and culture.

As at previous conferences, we invite proposals from teachers and scholars in many fields as well as artists, media makers, journalists and industry professionals. This mix of voices across disciplines, professions and generations has always been a signature feature of these conferences. We hope for the same diversity and energy in 2015.  As has been the case in the past, there are no conference fees.

Deadline for proposals: February 15, 2015

http://web.mit.edu/comm-forum/mit9/subs/call.html