[ecrea] Reporting The Middle East – Challenges And Opportunities

Mon Sep 15 08:47:20 GMT 2014

REPORTING THE MIDDLE EAST – CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
Call for Papers

Deadline for Proposals: 1 November 2014
Deadline for Full Papers: 1 February 2015

Following the May 14, 2014 conference held at Ben-Gurion University under the auspices of the Robert St. John Chair in Objective Middle East Reporting, entitled Covering the Middle East in the Digital Era, we intend to publish a collection of articles on the topic by conference participants and others.

We recently received a letter of intent from a publisher interested in including this volume in the Social, Economic and Political Studies of the Middle East series.

The book, comprising articles by both local and foreign academic researchers and media professionals, will be divided into three sections:
1.      Middle East coverage patterns and formats in various media, with particular attention to new media.
2.      Coverage content, including trends and biases in conflict representation.
3.      Middle East coverage exposure patterns in old and new media.

Potential contributors are invited to contact us no later than October 1, 2014 and send an abstract of 300 words. We also accept previously published material, so long as the authors obtain the necessary copyright releases.

Articles of up to 6,000 words (including tables, notes and references) are to be submitted in English, following APA style, no later than February 1, 2015. All previously unpublished articles will be submitted for blind review. The reviewers' comments and our decision concerning acceptance of articles will be send to the authors within 4-8 weeks of manuscript receipt.

We have undertaken to submit the completed manuscript to the publisher within one year’s time.

Please circulate this call for papers among your colleagues in Israel and abroad. For further details, kindly contact the undersigned.

Dan Caspi       Daniel Rubinstein

(danca /at/ bgu.ac.il)  (rdanny23 /at/ gmail.com)
                Editors