[ecrea] Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Communications

Fri Sep 12 08:30:50 GMT 2014

*Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Communications beginning 8/16/2014 *

*Requisition #007989*

*Te*nure-track, nine-month faculty position to teach on the Spartanburg and/or Greenville campuses.

The Department of Fine Arts and Communication Studies at the University of South Carolina Upstate invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Communications Studies beginning August 2015. We are seeking a faculty member who has a strong background in critical communication pedagogy and would serve as the Basic Course Director for our Public Speaking course. Other teaching and research interests should be compatible with the departmental course offerings. The person hired will teach the large lecture sections and recitation sections of our public speaking course and provide ongoing supervision and assessment of the recitation sections. Responsibilities include ensuring that instructional objectives are met across course sections and the possible development of a speech lab that supports our public speaking course. This hire will also teach one additional course per semester. A demonstrated committment to student-centered learning and evidence of excellence in teaching is required.

Required: Ph.D. in Communication Studies. ABD considered if degree completed by August 15, 2015. Three years of teaching experience at the university level. A demonstrated commitment to student-centered learning and evidence of excellence in teaching is required

Preferred: Strong background in critical communication pedagogy; teaching and research interests compatible with the departmental course offerings.

Review of applications begins immediately and continues until positions are filled. The deadline for applications is November 1, 2014. Official transcripts will be required before hire date as well as a background check.

Apply here: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1410218663243

Dr. Desireé Rowe
Assistant Professor