[ecrea] Submit your paper for the 10th anniversary special issue of Journal of Children and Media

Wed Aug 06 21:45:35 GMT 2014

The Journal of Children and Media (JOCAM) will commemorate its 10 year anniversary in 2016, with a special issue entitled: JOCAM NEXT. The editors of JOCAM are inviting innovative contributions, both in terms of content as well as format, to discuss the future of the field.

http://bit.ly/1svmzKq

Questions include, but are not limited to:

■ What are the challenges to future research in the field?
■ What are the main unresolved theoretical and/or methodological controversies?
■ What do stakeholders (e.g., policy makers, parents, educators, media industries) need from us?
■ What can we learn about our field from other disciplines and what can they learn from us?
■ How should we build bridges with the public and stakeholders?
■ What should be the nature of the relationships between research and advocacy?
■ How should research manage the local-glocal-global tensions and challenges?
■ What did you once believe about media and child development that you no longer believe today?  How does this reflect the direction the field can or should be taking?
■ Can we be making better use of theory (both established and cutting edge) as we orient our research?
■ How has the lived experience of childhood changed over the past 10 years, and how might it continue to evolve as we look toward the next decade of JOCAM?
■ How have we influenced policy and practice in various countries over the past decade, and where do we need to inform it over the next decade?
■ What are the key unanswered substantive questions about children and media that we need to address over the next decade?

Find out more:http://bit.ly/1svmzKq