[ecrea] CMCS Hiring Research Director, Offering Pre- and Post-Docs

Wed Aug 06 12:18:52 GMT 2014

Center for Media and Communication Studies, SPP, CEU

There are several new opportunities at CMCS I'd like to draw your attention to. We are hiring a Director of Research, are offering a new series of pre- and post-doc awards, and have expanded the list of ways to have senior researchers come to Budapest for short periods of time.
Director of Research

We are looking for someone to take the lead on managing our existing portfolio of research grants, help us find new sources of support, and direct our research dissemination strategy. The ideal candidate has a PhD in a related social or information science, experience managing research, and a shared research agenda with the CMCS team. See our advertisement on the Chronicle of Higher Education website for more details. We will start reviewing applications on September 1, and the expected start date is October 1, 2014.

Pre- and Post-Docs

We are eager to support some pre- and post-doctoral researchers working in several related areas:

    * civil society and the internet of things;
    * bot attacks on NGOs and political actors;
    * humanitarian use of drones;
    * Hungarian media networks.

Please visit our website for more details. These can be for 1-3 months' residence in Budapest and there can be flexibility with start and end dates.

Visiting Faculty Researchers

We have gathered information on several different kinds of opportunities to come to CMCS as visiting faculty and researchers. The Erasmus, Fulbright, Marie Curie and Institute for Advanced Study programs--as they relate to CMCS--are detailed on the "Opportunities" page of our website. This fall we will be welcoming Dr. Shawn Powers and Dr. Amelia Arsenault to the Center as faculty visitors.

Please look these over and think about how they might fit your interests or those of someone you know. And please do forward this note to candidates and colleagues you think might also be interested.

Sincerely,

Phil Howard
Director, Center for Media and Communication Studies
Professor, School of Public Policy
Central European University
     www.philhoward.org
     @pnhoward

Center for Media and Communication Studies | School of Public Policy, Central European University | Nador 9 | Budapest | 1053 | Hungary