[ecrea] Here by the Sea and Sand: A symposium on the album and film Quadrophenia

Fri Jun 06 07:20:54 GMT 2014

*Here by the Sea and Sand: A symposium on the album and film /Quadrophenia /*

Brighton and the University of Sussex, 10-11th July 2014

The Centre for Modernist Studies at Sussex is living up to its name by holding a symposium on the album and film, /Quadrophenia/.

Participants include Franc Roddam (director of /Quadrophenia/), James Wood (Harvard University, the New Yorker) and Paolo Hewitt

There will be a showing of /Quadrophenia/ at the Duke of York's Cinema, Brighton, 6:00-8:30 Thursday 10th July followed by a Q and A session with the film's director Franc Roddam.

11th July at Sussex University there will be a programme of papers and readings on the album, film, and Mod identity.

Please register for the conference in advance via our website _http://herebytheseaandsand.wordpress.com/_ <_https://3c-lxa.mail.com/mail/client/dereferrer?redirectUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fherebytheseaandsand.wordpress.com%2F_> to be sure of a place. If you register in advance, the cost of the film showing is included in the symposium price. If you are not pre-registered you will have to pay at the door.

Registration is now open, and a programme available at our website: _http://herebytheseaandsand.wordpress.com/registration/_ <_https://3c-lxa.mail.com/mail/client/dereferrer?redirectUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fherebytheseaandsand.wordpress.com%2Fregistration%2F_>

Also, read about us in Rolling Stone!: _http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/quadrophenia-hits-the-quad-20140422_ <_https://3c-lxa.mail.com/mail/client/dereferrer?redirectUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rollingstone.com%2Fmusic%2Fnews%2Fquadrophenia-hits-the-quad-20140422_>

We hope to see you there. Spread the word (And start planning your outfit.)