[ecrea] Free ebooks from Movie: A Journal of Film Criticism - Movies and Tone, Reading Buffy, and The Police Series

Tue Apr 15 19:40:13 GMT 2014

Following its launch last month at SCMS, I am pleased to share news about a new initiative from Movie: A Journal of Film Criticism <http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie> – a range of open-access ebooks, free for download from our site, here, http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/ebooks/.

The first titles currently available are three studies from Wallflower’s Close-Up series (edited by John Gibbs and Douglas Pye). Each study is dedicated to the detailed analysis of style and meaning in film or television texts, demonstrating what sustained close attention to aesthetic choices can bring to our understanding of key features of, and critical issues raised by, these media. The first three titles are:

- The Police Series, by Jonathan Bignell

- Movies and Tone, by Douglas Pye

- Reading Buffy, by Deborah Thomas

These ebooks are freely available for download in Epub and Mobi formats. We hope you enjoy these titles, and we will inform subscribers as additional books become available.

All the best,
James MacDowell