[ecrea] Newcastle University Music PhD Scholarships

Mon Jan 27 19:25:43 GMT 2014

CALL FOR APPLICANTS: Newcastle University AHRC Northern Bridge Doctoral Scholarships

Please forward to any interested applicants:

We are pleased to announce that the International Centre for Music Studies at Newcastle University has been successful in our application to the AHRC under the second phase of the Block Grant Partnership, BGP2, for funding of future PhD students across the Arts and Humanities and are now part of the Northern Bridge Consortium, along with Durham University and Queen's University Belfast.

If you are a UK or an EU student and wish to seek funding for entry in 2014 and beyond, you are advised to contact Professor Agustín Fernández as soon as possible to discuss your application. Please note the majority of the funding available via the Northern Bridge is for PhD students but there may be a few awards available for Master's applicants.

Details of the application process and deadlines for 2014 entry are now available on the Northern Bridge web site. If you have any questions about the application process please contact Jane Hagger. We will be holding a postgraduate open day on Wednesday the 5th February:http://www.ncl.ac.uk/sacs/music/postgraduate/

Northern Bridge Doctoral Scholarships homepage:http://www.northernbridge.ac.uk/

Staff and research interests:http://www.ncl.ac.uk/sacs/music/people/

Newcastle University Music Studies homepage:http://www.ncl.ac.uk/sacs/music/

Further details about staff research:http://research.ncl.ac.uk/sacs/icmus/

Please note that we will accept applications to our courses after the AHRC application deadline but you would not be eligible for AHRC funding.

DEADLINE: 17TH February

Dr Simon McKerrell