Archive for December 2014

[ecrea] Post - VC2020 Lectureship in Digital Journalism and Media Discourse - Leicester Media School

Sat Dec 20 02:57:57 GMT 2014

I would like to bring the following post to your attention. Details of this VC2020 Lectureship in Digital Journalism and Media Discourse are given below

Informal enquiries can, in the first instance, be directed to me (atsprice /at/ dmu.ac.uk)

Please feel free to circulate through your lists: deadline for applications is 29th January 2015

Best wishes

Stuart Price, Professor of Media and Political Discourse
Media Discourse Group

**********

VC2020 Lectureship in Digital Journalism and Media Discourse
De Montfort University - Faculty of Technology
Location:	Leicester

**********

Salary:	£32,277 to £45,954 per annum
Hours:	Full Time
Contract Type:	Permanent
Placed on:	18th December 2014
Closes:	29th January 2015
Job Ref:	8774

DMU is internationally renowned for creativity and innovation. Our life-changing research is central to our vision. We want outstanding candidates to fill a number of posts with a lecturing and research focus as part of our VC2020 Lectureship programme designed to build research capacity for REF 2020 (in REF 2014, our Communication, Cultural and Media Studies outputs attained the highest proportion of 4* research in Unit of Assessment 36).
This lectureship is one of several new academic posts aligned strategically to the Leicester Media School in the Faculty of Technology, and an opportunity to join an established and successful team that includes members of the world leading Media Discourse Group and the highly regarded Leicester Centre for Journalism. The Leicester Media School is one of the largest and most innovative media schools in the country, delivering courses that are placed in the top third of the Sunday Times League Table. DMU has recently risen 32 places, the highest rise of any university.

This new VC2020 role will include work on the BA undergraduate programme (primarily, critical approaches to journalism), and contributions to postgraduate courses (MA Journalism and MA Global Media). The successful candidate will engage in curriculum development and will produce high quality research, and will have industry connections and a growing national/international reputation in the field of media discourse and/or critical theory.
The role holder will make a significant contribution to our existing excellent industry links and graduate employability. They will contribute significantly to the development of our research activity and capacity, playing an active part in supporting research events run by the Media Discourse Group, and developing our capacity for external income generation.
This particular role is designed to:
•	Develop PG provision
•	Develop research events and enhance industry links
•	Reinforce approaches to graduate employability and international recruitment
•	Develop innovative cutting edge curricula
•	Assist in the further development of our media discourse and journalism research

The applicant must:
•	Be able to demonstrate good skills in digital journalism and media discourse (including expertise in multiplatform delivery) and be willing to contribute to interdisciplinary provision where appropriate

To initiate an informal enquiry, please contact Professor Stuart Price (atsprice /at/ dmu.ac.uk)

Please quote reference: 8774
Closing Date: 29 January 2015
Interview Date: TBC

To apply, please visit our website:http://www.dmu.ac.uk/jobs
Alternatively telephone 0116 250 6168
Or write to:
The Human Resources Team, De Montfort University,The Gateway, Leicester LE1 9BH.
Please quote the relevant reference number.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications which reflect the diversity of our community.