Archive for December 2014

[ecrea] Senior lecturer/Assistant professor in Media Technology, Malmö Univ (SWE)

Mon Dec 08 19:57:24 GMT 2014

*
*
*Senior lecturer in Media Technology, at least one, at Malmö University, Sweden* Malmö University is one of Sweden’s largest universities with about 25,000 students. Our dynamic educational and research culture is multidisciplinary, problem-oriented and socially relevant*.*
*
*
We are looking for people to join an established and successful team at the Department of Media Technology and Product Development (Faculty of Technology and Society, TS). Faculty at the department conduct teaching and research in IT and media technologies, product design and engineering and science. The department is growing, and we are now looking for senior faculty who will contribute to the ongoing development in media technology.

Qualified candidates must have:

   * A Swedish or international PhD degree
   * Documented teaching proficiency, including educational development
     and leadership
   * Documented ability to interact with the surrounding society and to
     provide information about activities within the academic field of
     the department

Further, the position requires a background in one of the following areas: media technology, informatics, computer science, interaction design. We are also interested in applicants who have obtained a Swedish or foreign doctoral degree in another subject but with have experience and/or documented interest of cross-media, multi-channel publishing and media technology. The applicant must have solid technical foundation with a focus on web and mobile based solutions and applications. Knowledge of strategic work with communications/publishing in multiple channels is particularly advantageous, as is knowledge of marketing and innovation.

The job would include independent teaching with responsibilites for course or program coordination, examinations at undergraduate and graduate levels, engagement in educational development, appropriate high-level research, and collaborations with businesses and community.

Teaching duties lies primarily within our degree programs: two Bachelor degree programs Media Production and Process Design, and Project Management within Publishing, and one Master's degree program Media Technology: Strategic Media Development, starting in the autumn of 2015. The work involves independent work as well as work in teams and includes participation in the development of the degree programs. An important task is to contribute to the increase of research activities related to media technology.

The position is open now and applications will be reviewed immediately after the deadline of applications. Malmö University determines salary on an individual basis and may require a probationary period. This full-time permanent position is in the Department of Media Technology and Product Development.

For more about the position:
http://mah.se/english/For-Staff/Jobs/Senior-lecturer-in-Media-Technology-at-least-one/

For further questions, please contact:
Mats Persson, Head of the Department of Media Technology and Product Development, tel +46 40 66 57882, (mats.persson /at/ mah.se) <mailto:(mats.persson /at/ mah.se)> Maria Engberg, Director of Studies in Media Technology, and research coordinator tel +46 40 66 57328
(maria.engberg /at/ mah.se) <mailto:(maria.engberg /at/ mah.se)>