Archive for November 2014

[ecrea] Culture and Technology: a Primer (Second Edition)

Tue Nov 18 01:07:26 GMT 2014

I just wanted to let you know that the Second Edition of Jennifer Slack and my book, /Culture and Technology: A Primer/ has just been published (ISBN: 978-1-4331-0775-7). It's so new it's not even up on Amazon yet, but it will be soon. She and I will be signing copies at the National Communication Association conference in Chicago next week (Friday, 21 November, 11:30-12:30 at the Peter Lang Booth in the Hilton and Towers). Copies will be available for Spring courses. Here's a link to their catalog: http://www.peterlang.com/catpdf/Peter-Lang_Fall_2014_Multidisciplinary_Textbook_Catalog.pdf

The 2nd edition is -- throughout--updated, revised, and expanded. There are new and expanded chapters: politics & economics, space and time, the conjuncture, and a new first chapter on culture on power. We included many more (artful) images and current technological issues and examples.

We hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,

Greg

Dr. J. Macgregor Wise

Director, MA in Social Technologies

Professor of Communication Studies

School of Social and Behavioral Sciences

New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences

Arizona State University

4701 West Thunderbird Road

Glendale, AZ 85306-4908

(602) 543 6646; (602) 543 4565 (fax)