Archive for February 2014

[ecrea] Seachange | 2013 | Age

Fri Feb 07 00:05:28 GMT 2014

It is with great pleasure that we announce the online publication of the 2013 issue of Seachange on the theme of "Age," which we invite you to read at the following address: www.seachangejournal.ca

This fourth issue of Seachange explores "Age" through a selection of short essays spanning themes ranging from sexuality, well-being and long-term care through to the biological, geological and artistic implications of "Age." In particular, we'd like to draw your attention to the contributions by Annmarie Adams (McGill University) and Sally Chivers (Trent University), Marcienne Martin (Université de la Réunion), as well as Pascale McCullough Manning (University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh) and Andrea Charise (University of Iowa). We are also especially proud to present Natalie Bussey's account of her visits to the New York City studio of Contemporary Conservation Limited and Cayley Sorochan's incisive review of the translation of Alain Badiou's important recent work The Rebirth of History.

All our issues can be downloaded as full PDFs and all articles are also individually accessible. Please feel free to email us your comments and to join our mailing list on the website. The 2014 issue of Seachange will focus on "Practice(s)," please consult the full CfP that can be found on our website.

Wishing you an eventful reading,

Rafico Ruiz and Caroline Bem

Co-editors, Seachange Art | Communication | Technology