Archive for January 2013

[ecrea] Call for papers reminder, Cuadernos de Informaci[on

Wed Jan 16 21:06:11 GMT 2013

CALL FOR PAPERS CUADERNOS DE INFORMACIÓN N° 32

Special subject: New challenges to ethics and professional practice of communications

Guest editor: María Elena Gronemeyer

Deadline for submission of original: March 1st, 2013

The next issue of Cuadernos de Información, the academic journal edited by the Faculty of Communications of the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, will include a thematic section on ethics of communications. We invite researchers and academics to send us their collaborations.

We welcome both articles on this subject as those relating to other aspects of communication.

About the thematic section

Times of significant and universal changes, such as which we are living, raise new questions referring to the contemporary meaning of our communication activities and the ways in which they are exercised, adapted to emerging realities. New paradigms force us to observe, investigate and evaluate in both inter and multidisciplinary ways, the validity of the principles and standards which had been familiar to us as social communicators. They offer the chance to strengthen the ethical standards that remain, and to adapt, expand or innovate them to do justice to the scenarios of the 21st century communications.

The following special edition of Cuadernos de Información provides a space for the diffusion of works committed to the systematic study of the ethical issues associated with the current social communication and its related disciplines. We invite you to send quantitative, qualitative or mixed research that respond to current questions in the field of ethics of communication. The research can be in corporate or strategic communications, journalism, advertising, fiction communication, or in the relationship between two or more of them, and can refer to conventional media, the new digital platforms or both. Our publication has a special interest in inter or multidisciplinary research, comparative studies between countries and topics, and studies that reflect the Ibero-American reality.

Possible thematic areas of work: current questions about ethics

• On journalism, in conventional and digital media,

• On journalism facing new communicational protagonists, such as social networks,

•Corporate or strategic communication,

• On public relations,

• On advertising and propaganda,

• On fiction and documentary communication,

• On interactions arising from the relationship between these various forms of social or organizational communication.

--
María Olga Delpiano
Editora Cuadernos de Información