[ecrea] Faculty Positions Announcement - The Department of Communication Tel Aviv University

Tue Aug 09 13:00:28 GMT 2011

* *

*Faculty Positions Announcement
*The Department of Communication

Faculty of Social Sciences

Tel Aviv University

The Department of Communication at Tel Aviv University invites applications for a tenure track position (rank open). The department offers B.A., M.A. and Ph.D. degrees, and has a graduate program in Communication and Social Responsibility.

We are seeking outstanding applicants with a Ph.D. in Communication (or a closely related field), an active agenda of research, academic publications in communication studies, and teaching experience. We are particularly interested in applicants with a specialization in new media, journalism, and health or environmental communication. Candidates with expertise and excellence in other areas are welcome to apply as well. Candidates should be capable of teaching introductory communication courses and advanced courses in our undergraduate and graduate program. For applicants who have recently completed their doctorate, a post-doctoral research experience is recommended. The language of instruction is Hebrew, although English is acceptable for a short initial period. The appointment will begin in October 2012.

The deadline for the applications is October 1, 2011. Application materials should include the following: Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications; a letter of intent, which includes an academic biography and an outline of research interests and plans; three publications; a brief description of courses the candidate could teach; if available, teaching evaluations; and the names and contact information for three references. Please send the application materials to Professor Nurit Guttman, Chair of the Department of Communication, (guttman /at/ post.tau.ac.il) <mailto:(guttman /at/ post.tau.ac.il)>