Archive for October 2010

[ecrea] [(OBS*)] Observatorio (OBS*) new issue now launched

Mon Oct 04 22:07:51 GMT 2010

>Dear Colleagues,
>
>We are pleased to announce that Observatorio (OBS*) journal's latest issue
>is now available.
>
>Vol 4, No 3 (2010), including contributions from scholars from Spain, USA,
>Portugal, Colombia, Uruguay, Brazil, France, Sweden, Belgium and The
>Netherlands, published in English, Spanish and Portuguese, is now available
>to any interested reader, free of charge ­ simply go to the website [
>http://obs.obercom.pt ] and register.
>
>OberCom, Observatory for the Media, is one of Portugalâ¬"s premier centres
>on media research. Its peer-review journal, Observatorio(OBS*), is an
>online, multimedia, open access, academic character publication. It is an
>interdisciplinary e-journal which, although focused in communication, is
>opened to the contributions of other subjects which claim themselves as
>part of the Communication Studiesâ¬" areas, from academia to the
>business-related world.
>
>Observatorio (OBS*) e-journal is a publication with international
>character, which accepts and publishes texts written in Portuguese,
>Spanish, Catalan, Galician, Italian, French and English.
>
>OberCom also publishes a monthly Newsletter in English. You are welcome to
>submit news of interest to the international research community to
>(obercom /at/ obercom.pt) .More information about the centre and its publications
>is available at http://www.obercom.pt/en  .
>
>We hope you will find this project of interest to your research activity
>and that, in a near future, we will be able to count with you work among
>the authors published at Observatorio (OBS*) journal.
>
>Gustavo Cardoso and Rita Espanha
>Editors
>

>Observatorio (OBS*)
>Vol 4, No 3 (2010)
>Table of Contents
>http://obs.obercom.pt/index.php/obs/issue/view/23
>
>Articles
>--------
>Knowledge, use and adoption of innovations by adolescents
>         António Magalhães Cardoso,    Pedro Amorim
>
>Comparing Strawberries and Quandongs: A Cross-National Analysis of Crisis
>Response Strategies
>         Audra R Diers,  Kathryn Tomaino
>
>La percepción social de las actitudes éticas periodísticas en Madrid: el
>tratamiento de los colectivos desfavorecidos
>         Carlos Maciá Barber,   Susana Herrera Damas
>
>COMMUNICATION TRANSVERSAL CORPORATIONS: GLOBAL THREAT  OF DEMOCRACY?
>         Carlos Alberto Galvis
>
>THE COGNITIVE ASSIMILATION OF THE CHILDREN ABOUT THE STEREOTYPES
>REPRESENTED IN THE CARTOONS  (LA ASIMILACIÃN COGNITIVA INFANTIL DE LOS
>ESTEREOTIPOS REPRESENTADOS A TRAVÃ0S DE LOS DIBUJOS ANIMADOS)
>         María Esther del Moral Pérez, Lourdes
> Villalustre,    María del Rosario
>Neira Piñeiro
>
>Abortion legalization in Uruguay: A media framing analysisSocio
>         Inés Campanella
>
>Transición democrática y modelo comunicativo: la divergencia Ibérica
> [...]

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885