Archive for December 2009

[ecrea] Call for chapters: Ethnographies of online newsrooms

Mon Dec 14 19:13:18 GMT 2009

Dear colleagues,

The editors of Making Online News: The Ethnography of New Media Production (Peter Lang, 2008) are pleased to invite submissions for a fully updated second edition, scheduled for publication in 2011. We hope to present cutting edge ethnographic research revealing various aspects of change and continuity in the second decade of online journalism. As with the first edition, we seek to present research from around the world and we encourage work originally prepared in languages other than English. If you have studied the news making process in online newsrooms of any kind, or you are currently doing so, we would like to hear about your work.

Please send to (david.domingo /at/ urv.cat) and (c.paterson /at/ leeds.ac.uk) by January 10, 2010 a short chapter proposal, stating the case(s) studie(s) you would discuss, the theoretical framework and the main theme and results.

Best regards,

David Domingo & Chris Paterson
http://www.makingonlinenews.net/