Archive for June 2009

[ecrea] AHR 46: May 2009 now out & call for papers for 2010

Tue Jun 02 06:08:45 GMT 2009

The May 2009 issue of Australian Humanities Review is now online at <http://www.australianhumanitiesreview.org/>www.australianhumanitiesreview.org. The new issue leads with Paul Genoni and Gaby Haddow?s analysis of the contentious ERA journal rankings and Peter Otto on Romanticism and Virtual Reality. A special section on ?Naturecultures?, inspired by the work of Bruno Latour and Actor-Network Theory, features essays by Gay Hawkins, Michael Dieter, Emily Potter and Zoë Sofoulis. The Ecological Humanities features Val Plumwood?s ?Nature in the Active Voice?, the essay she was working on before her untimely death in February 2008, and responses to Plumwood?s work from Thom van Dooren, Kate Rigby, Gerda Roelvink and J.K. Gibson-Graham. And there is the usual range of book reviews, from Simon Robb?s review of Ross Gibson?s Summer Exercises to Ed Wright?s appreciation of the new edition of G.A. Wilkes? Stunned Mullets and Two-pot Screamers.

The editors are seeking submissions for the 2010 issues of AHR. We welcome proposals in the form of 250 word abstracts in the first instance, from across the range of humanities disciplines, including literary and film studies, cultural and media studies, gender studies, history, politics, philosophy, sociology, anthropology and of course ecological humanities. Please note that we do not publish poetry or creative writing, though we do welcome fictocritical approaches to academic writing. Initial submissions for the May 2010 issue should reach us no later than 30 September 2009, and for the November 2010 issue no later than 31 March 2010. Please consult our submission guidelines at: <http://www.australianhumanitiesreview.org/about.html#submission>http://www.australianhumanitiesreview.org/about.html#submission

AHR is now co-published in PDF and Print-on-Demand format by <http://epress.anu.edu.au/titles/ahr.html>ANU E Press.

Happy reading,
Monique Rooney and Russell Smith

----