Archive for June 2009

[ecrea] CFP: Media and Politics Group, PSA

Mon Jun 01 11:32:06 GMT 2009

CALL FOR PAPERS: REMINDER
MEDIA AND POLITICS GROUP, ANNUAL CONFERENCE: ?TRUST?
THURSDAY 5TH ­ FRIDAY 6TH NOVEMBER, UNIVERSITY OF STRATHCLYDE
The annual conference of the Media and Politics Group of the Political Studies Association is to be held at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow and themed on ?trust?, and we invite abstracts for papers. The conference runs on Thursday 5th and Friday 6th November, and will include a welcome reception on the Wednesday night. As well as a 200 word summary of the paper, submitted abstracts should include: full name and title, institutional affiliation and email address. While the conference is themed, we invite papers dealing with any part of the relationship between media and politics. The deadline for abstracts is midnight GMT Friday 12 June. Successful proposers will be notified by the end of June. At the conference, the Group will be awarding its annual James Thomas Prize for the most outstanding paper by a graduate student. We would be grateful if applicants would let us know if they intend to submit their paper for this award. All abstracts and any questions should be directed to Media and Politics Group co-convenor Michael Higgins.
With best wishes
Michael
Dr Michael Higgins
Department of English Studies
University of Strathclyde
Glasgow G1 1XH
Tel: +44(0)141 548 4678
Email: (michael.higgins /at/ strathc.ac.uk)
Home Page: http://www.strath.ac.uk/english/membersofthedepartment/higginsmichaeldr/