Archive for November 2008

[ecrea] Italian Media Conference, Edinburgh, 21st and 22nd November

Mon Nov 17 11:43:18 GMT 2008

Apologies for any cross postings

The annual Association for the Study of Modern Italy conference is taking
place in Edinburgh this Friday and Saturday, 21st and 22nd November. The
conference title is: The Media in Italy: Historical Perspectives and Future
Challenges. Guest speakers include David Forgacs, Giuseppe Richeri, Fausto Colombo, Kate
Mitchell, Rinella Cere, Maria Way, Enrico Menduni and many others.

Please find the booking form below.

Many thanks

Matthew Hibberd

ASMI ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2008

Please complete and send to: Lucia Rinaldi (ASMI Conference), Italian
Department, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
((L.Rinaldi /at/ ucl.ac.uk))
NAME: ……………………………………………………………..…………………
AFFILIATION: ………………………………………………………..……………..
ADDRESS: ………………………………………………………………………….
Email: …………………………………………………………….…………………..
Are you a member of ASMI (Association for the Study of Modern Italy)?:
Yes □   No □
I wish to attend (tick as appropriate): □ Friday 21 November
                □ Saturday 22 November
                □ Conference Dinner (Friday 8pm)
                        at Vincaffè, £30 (three courses & coffee, excl.
wine)

Conference Fees
a. ASMI members:
2 days:         □    £40 (waged)          □    £20 (student/unwaged/retired)
1 day:          □    £26 (waged)          □    £14 (student/unwaged/retired)
b. Non-members:
You are kindly asked to join ASMI in order to attend the Conference. The
membership rate, including subscription to Modern Italy (4 issues/year) is £ 33
(waged), £18 (students/unwaged/retired). Please either: send a cheque for
this amount payable to Taylor and Francis with your conference booking form;
or pay using the ASMI website
http://www.asmi.org.uk/membership/index.asp ; or pay at the conference by
cash or cheque.
Conference fees: those who are joining ASMI for the first time can benefit
from a special reduced conference fee:
2 days:                 □    £20 (waged)          □   £10 (student/
unwaged/retired)
1 day:          □    £13 (waged)          □   £7
(student/unwaged/retired)
Please send a cheque for this sum payable to ASMI with your booking form, or
pay when you register on the day of the conference (cheque or cash).
Conference fees include tea and coffee on both days. Lunch on Saturday is
kindly sponsored by the Italian Cultural Institute. Conference dinner on Friday
evening at additional cost (see above).

□  I enclose a cheque (made payable to ASMI) for £……….
□  I enclose a cheque (made payable to Taylor and Francis) for £…….
□  I will pay at the conference for membership and fees (cheques or cash)

For further details please contact: Matthew Hibberd (m.j.hibberd /at/ stir.ac.uk)

--
Academic Excellence at the Heart of Scotland.
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,