Archive for February 2008

[ecrea] MeCCSA post graduate conference CFP - EXTENDED DEADLINE

Sat Feb 09 10:34:58 GMT 2008

>SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS - EXTENDED DEADLINE
>
>ANNUAL MECCSA POSTGRADUATE CONFERENCE
>
>The MeCCSA (Media, Communications and Cultural Studies Association)
>Postgraduate Network is pleased to announce the dates of the next annual
>conference to be held at the University of Sussex, Brighton, 1st and 2nd
>July 2008.
>
>Topics cover ALL aspects of Cultural studies, Media and Film studies, and
>Digital media. We particularly welcome papers on the subjects of Media
>practice and pedagogy.
>
>We welcome abstracts of 250 words from postgraduate students wishing to
>attend the conference, to be received no later than 3rd March 2008.
>Abstracts should include a title, topic of research, methodology/ies
>employed and contact details.  They should be forwarded to
><mailto:(meccsasussex /at/ yahoo.co.uk)>(meccsasussex /at/ yahoo.co.uk)
>along with any queries about the event.
>
>This is an excellent opportunity for postgraduate students to present
>their work to likeminded individuals in a supportive and productive
>environment.  The conference will also include workshops from expert
>academics on contemporary topics such as publishing, teaching, the RAE,
>and other issues pertinent to postgraduate students working in the highly
>political and controversial arena that is the University today.
>
>Other information about the network and the conference can be found at
>www.meccsa.org.uk/pgn and
><http://www.sussex.ac.uk/mediastudies/1-4-6.html>http://www.sussex.ac.uk/mediastudies/1-4-6.html
>This postgraduate conference is supported by
>ADM-HEA: <http://www.adm.heacademy.ac.uk/>http://www.adm.heacademy.ac.uk/
>
>A poster version of this poster is attached for printing.
>

>AIMS OF THE MeCCSA POSTGRADUTE NETWORK:
>
>The aim of the Postgraduate Network is to bring together postgraduate
>students in media, communication and cultural studies from different
>intellectual traditions and cultural backgrounds in order to form
>research, and teaching and learning networks and also ensure peer support.
>The Postgraduate Network Executive Committee has members from the
>University of Aberystwyth, Cardiff, University of Central England,
>Birmingham, Glasgow University, London School of Economics, Queen Margaret
>University College, Edinburgh, University of Ulster, Northern Ireland,
>University of Stirling, University of Sunderland, University of Sussex and
>University of Westminster.
>
>The Postgraduate Networkâ¬"s goals are to:
>
>- Situate postgraduate researchers in the national landscape of media,
>communication and cultural studies
>- Provide a national forum where postgraduates can participate in
>workshops/seminars related to teaching, learning and research
>- Bring together members of the postgraduate community in order to debate
>contemporary issues in media, communication and cultural studies
>- Provide a supportive environment where postgraduates can establish
> [...]

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
----------------------------
NEW BOOKS OUT
Understanding Alternative Media
by Olga Bailey, Bart Cammaerts, Nico Carpentier
(December 2007)
http://mcgraw-hill.co.uk/html/0335222102.html
Participation and Media Production. Critical Reflections on Content Creation.
Edited by Nico Carpentier and Benjamin De Cleen
(January 2008)
<http://www.c-s-p.org/Flyers/Participation-and-Media-Production--Critical-Reflections-on-Content-Creation1-84718-453-7.htm>http://www.c-s-p.org/Flyers/Participation-and-Media-Production--Critical-Reflections-on-Content-Creation1-84718-453-7.htm

ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/