[eccr] seminar on `media and governance' in observance of world press freedom day 3 may 2005, Dhaka, Bangladesh

Mon May 02 07:11:17 GMT 2005

>-
>Bangladesh NGOs Network for
>Radio and Communication
>Promoting Communication Technology for a Fairer World
>

>Dear Sir,
>Greetings from VOICE and Bangladesh NGOs Network for Radio and
>Communication (BNNRC).
>
>We are pleased to invite you to participate in a seminar on 'Media and
>Governance' in observance of World Press Freedom Day 2005 in collaboration
>with UNESCO
>  to be held in Dhaka at National Press Club (VIP Lounge, 1st floor) on
> Tuesday, May 3, 2005 from 9.30 am to 1 pm.
>
>Eminent journalist Mr. Monjurul Ahsan Bulbul has kindly consented to be
>the Moderator of the occasion. The key note paper will be presented by
>Mr. Dulal Chandra Biswas, Chairman, Department of Mass Communication,
>University of Rajshahi.
>
>This seminar will involve a wide range of civil society including media
>activists and experts, academicians, journalists, local and national NGOs
>and members of the international donor community.The main purpose will be
>to assess the key impediments to press freedom in Bangladesh and to
>formulate collective strategies at all levels in facing the challenges to
>ensure press freedom and governance.
>
>Looking forward to your active participation.
>

>With regards,
>
>Ahmed Swapan Mahmud                                                   AHM
>Bazlur Rahman
>Executive
>Director                                                    Chief
>Executive Officer
>VOICE
>BNNRC
>Cell : 0171-881919                                                    Cell
>: 0171-881647
><mailto:(info /at/ voicebd.org)>(info /at/ voicebd.org)
><mailto:(info /at/ bnnrc.net)>(info /at/ bnnrc.net)
><http://www.voicebd.org/>www.voicebd.org
>www.bnnrc.net

>National Secretariat:
>Street Address: BNNRC,House: 13/1,Level-2  Road:2 ,Shaymoli, Dhaka-1207,
>Mail Address: Post Box: 5095, Dhaka 1205 Bnagladesh
>Phone: 0171881647, 8125181  Fax: 9129395
>E-mail: (bnnrc /at/ bd.drik.net)  (info /at/ bnnrc.net)  (bnnrc /at/ siriusbb.com)
>www.bnnrc.net
>

>BNNRC Vision & Mission:
>Vision:
>BNNRC does  like to see the rural people has the easy, quick and low cost
>access to global  communication so that they are enrich and updated by
>knowledge.
>Mission:
>In view of the value" Communication is not a privilege it has become a
>basic human rights", the BNNRC will organize strategically  important
>activities, studies, advocacy so that the population of the rural areas
>will have easy, manageable and low cost communication facilities.

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-412.42.78
F: ++ 32 (0)2/412.42.00
Office: 4/0/18
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
European Consortium for Communication Research
Web: http://www.eccr.info