[eccr] Fwd: New Research Training Website

Tue Jun 24 07:14:21 GMT 2003

>+++++++++++++++++++++
>Apologies for cross-posting
>+++++++++++++++++++++
>
>NEW RESEARCH TRAINING INITIATIVE (RTI) WEBSITE
>
><http://www.biad.uce.ac.uk/research/rti/>http://www.biad.uce.ac.uk/research/rti/
>

>The RTI website is an online resource for postgraduate research students
>and supervisors in art, design, media and related areas of
>study.  Following a successful Teaching and Learning Project bid to the
>Art, Design and Communication - Learning and Teaching Support Network
>(ADC-LTSN) the website has been re-designed.  The new site now integrates
>existing and new content in three main sections:
>
>The Research Training Resource Centre
>Includes reviews of books, conferences and websites, and a database of
>research training and doctoral programmes and courses.  It also includes
>an updated bibliography on research education and training.
>
>Research Issues in Art, Design and Media
>An online series published three times a years.  Research Issues publishes
>overviews of new and emerging themes and research topics, reflections on
>the process of research, reviews of particular research methods or
>techniques, and discussions of current issues in art, design and media research
>
>Issue No.4: Tracking new traditionsin a (post)modern Balinese-Indonesian
>context - Laura Noszlopy
><http://www.biad.uce.ac.uk/research/rti/riadm/>http://www.biad.uce.ac.uk/research/rti/riadm/
>
>Ogoh-ogoh are giant papier-mâché puppets or effigies usually created by
>groups of young Balinese men as part of the annual cleansing
>ceremonies(ngrupukan), which take place on the night preceding Nyepi, the
>Hindu-Balinese New Yearor Day of Silence. While ngrupukan has been
>performed for generations, ogoh-ogoh, one of the defining features of the
>contemporary rites and discussed by many local practitioners in terms of
>tradition, were only introduced in the early 1980s. This essay tracks the
>difficulties of researching contemporary cultural and artistic innovations
>in a context where the notion of tradition, as a culturally legitimising
>trope, can sometimes dissolvehistory in public discourse, both official
>and popular.
>
>The Research Degree Case Studies
>21 case studies of completed research degrees in art and design.
>
>CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
>
>We welcome contributions to the website from supervisors, researchers and
>research students:
>
>- Book, website and conference reviews
>- Submissions to Research Issues
>- Completed research degree case studies
>
>Supervisors responsible for research training and doctoral programmes are
>also encouraged to enter details into the database facility on the website.
>
>Darren Newbury (editor)
>June 2003
>
><http://www.biad.uce.ac.uk/research/rti/>http://www.biad.uce.ac.uk/research/rti/

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrije Universiteit Brussel - Free University Brussels
Studies on Media, Information & Telecommunication (SMIT)
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.05
W1: http://smit.vub.ac.be/
W2: http://homepages.vub.ac.be/~ncarpent/