[eccr] IAMCR 2003 Taipei Conference cancelled

Tue May 27 20:06:55 GMT 2003

IAMCR 2003 Taipei Conference cancelled

The IAMCR Executive Board unfortunately have to inform all members that due
to the Sars risk, the Taipei conference has been cancelled. Hence there
will be no official IAMCR conference in 2003.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank the local organising
committee in Taipei for their hard and efficient work that was next to
complete. We hope, we at a later stage can invite you all to Taipei in 2005.

All accepted abstracts and papers will later be put on the IAMCR web site
as a recognition to all authors, who were planning to present their work at
the conference. We will also consider issuing all papers on a cd rom.

We are now planning the next conference and General Assembly in 2004. The
conference will take place in Porto Alegre, Brazil July 24-30.
The meetings in the Executive Board and the International Council that were
planned to take place in Taipei in July have been postponed. The board is
at the moment investigating the possibility to hold them in Loughborough in
November, where the IAMCR/ICA/ECCR conference on Digital Divide will take
place November 7-9.

On behalf of the board
Ole Prehn
Secretary General

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrije Universiteit Brussel - Free University Brussels
Studies on Media, Information & Telecommunication (SMIT)
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.05
W1: http://smit.vub.ac.be/
W2: http://homepages.vub.ac.be/~ncarpent/