[eccr] short film festival

Thu Apr 17 09:44:45 GMT 2003

> > To Colleagues on ECCR mailing list,
> >
> > Our colleagues in Rome are currently oprganising a short film festival and
> >
> > are looking for international co-operation. Please direct any queries to
> > Carla Donato, CUT Project Manager, at (cut.festival /at/ katamail.com).
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Matthew Hibberd

+++

CUT

Audiovisual Production Laboratory

Communication Sciences Faculty

La SapienzaUniversity in Roma

                                                                               Head
Office: Viale Medaglie dOro,

                                                                                                            218
00136 Rome.

Mobile: 0039-339-7384524

Telephone: 0039-06-35400754

Email: <mailto:(info /at/ cut1.it)>(cut.festival /at/ katamail.com)

  Prof. Matthew
Hibbert

  Email:(mjh /at/ stir.ac.uk)

25th March 2003

Dear Professor,

CUT Audiovisual Production Laboratory, of the Faculty  Communication
Sciences of "La Sapienza" University in Rome, featuring the collaboration
with the  CattolicaUniversity in Milan and plus the Publishing Editor
Olivares, intends to give life to an International Festival dedicated to
all studentsaudiovisual production developped inside and around the
university environment.

We aim to create a chance of meeting and comparison between     different
academic realities, educational training systems and professional
environments that belong to different cultures and projects
hardly            connectable on a common point of view. Morover our intent
is offering an

opportunity of visibility and interaction for those too often ignored in
creative and experimental realities underlining their results and
experiences.

The Festival schedules host all national and international productions
realized with digital shotting and editing concerning:

-        fiction,

-        documentary,

-        new format,

-        video-art.

All products will be selected and judged by an italian and international
commission consisting of representatives coming from the academic and
professional world, which first evaluate the quality, originality and
innovation of the products.

To give body to our initiative we have already enacted a net of

contacts with several university teachers and professionals who, as we

retain, could be interested in keeping an interfacing role between
different territorial and academic productive realities and the festival
(organization group).

In this early stage, our primary interest is to verify the feasibility of
establishing relationships in order to draw an audiovisual experimentation
reasoned map to which we are trying to give life.

For this reason we would like to start a fruitful exchange of points of
view and definitely trust your audiovisual production knowledge. We would
be appreciate your assistance in helping us to contact universities, cinema
schools, university post-degree masters, small youth enterprises and

creative working groups who may be interested in joining this event and we
would also like to offer you the opportunity to become a direct
conversation partner and take a scientific garantor role towards the
different realities operating in your area.

Thank you for your time on this proposal, it is greatly appreciated. I will
be in contact in the near future to discuss your views and possible
availability. In the interim it you require any further information please
do not hesitate to contact me directly or visit our
website  <http://www.cut1.it/>http://www.cut1.it.

Regards

Carla Donato

CUT Project Manager

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrije Universiteit Brussel - Free University Brussels
Studies on Media, Information & Telecommunication (SMIT)
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.05
W1: http://smit.vub.ac.be/
W2: http://homepages.vub.ac.be/~ncarpent/