Archive for November 2002

[eccr] Fwd: Call for papers: Mapping the magazine

Mon Nov 11 08:56:12 GMT 2002

>Mapping The Magazine: A cross-disciplinary symposium on magazine studies
>
>Cardiff University, UK, June 26 & 27, 2003
>
>CALL FOR PAPERS
>
>The two-day symposium, ³Mapping the Magazine², seeks to
>bring together practitioners and researchers from all disciplines with an
>interest in magazines and periodical journalism. Papers which map this
>fast-changing field or foster new research directions are particularly
>welcome, as is cross-disciplinary work. The symposium seeks to develop
>international research networks within the field and it is hoped the final
>plenary session will lead to the establishment of a regular Magazine
>Conference. The magazine publishing industry will have a presence.
>

>We invite expression of interest in relation to the following topics:
>History of magazines
>Magazines and culture
>Magazine audiences
>Feminist critique of magazines
>Magazine design and advertising
>
>PAPERS
>Papers will be delivered in 20 minute sessions, with 10 minutes
>discussion time after each paper.
>
>SOCIAL
>The conference will include a dinner on the first evening and there
>will be time for making contacts and networking.
>
>SUBMISSIONS
>Abstracts of papers should be submitted to the contacts below.
>
>CONTACT
>For further information or to register an interest, please contact
>Tim Holmes or Dr Donald Matheson at  (magconf /at/ cardiff.ac.uk)
>

>"Mapping the Magazine" will be held under the auspices of the Tom
>Hopkinson Centre for Media Research at Cardiff University.

Carpentier Nico
Vrije Universiteit Brussel - Free University Brussels
Studies on Media, Information & Telecommunication (SMIT)
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.04
Pleinlaan 2 - B-1050 Brussels
W1: http://www.vub.ac.be/SCOM/smit