Archive for publications, March 2024

[Commlist] Influencer Ethnography Research Lab's report <Platformed Creator Discourse in Chinese Markets>

Fri Mar 15 12:12:56 GMT 2024

On behalf of Influencer Ethnography Research Lab [IERLab], an interdisciplinary and international group of social scientists who study the socio-cultural impact of Influencers, I'm excited to share our recent Open Access report here that might be of interest to you.

  * *Platformed Creator Discourse in Chinese Markets *(Curated and
    Authored by Crystal Abidin & Jia Guo, 2023)
    <https://ierlab.com/platformed-creator-discourse-chinese/
    <https://ierlab.com/platformed-creator-discourse-chinese/>>
      o analyses creator discourses on popular social media platforms in
        various cultural and language markets, to explore how platforms
impact people’s understanding of the ‘creator’ in different contexts
      o particularly focuses on Chinese markets by studying six Chinese
        platforms.
      o We recommend this report to researchers, students, and the
        general public who are interested in Chinese platforms and
        social media industries in China.