Archive for publications, July 2020

[Commlist] Global Media and China published the latest issue

Wed Jul 15 14:00:36 GMT 2020

We are pleased to announce that our journal Global Media and China has just published its latest issue(Volume 5, Issue 2, June 2020).

And also we sincerely welcome your contribution to our journals. If you are interested and have the time, it is a great honour for us to receive your submission. Here is the submission portal:

https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac. For more information about Global Media and China, please go to gch.sagepub.com <http://gch.sagepub.com/>, you can also find detailed submission guidelines there.

You can freely read this new issue at: http://journals.sagepub.com/toc/gch/current

*Volume 5, Issue 2, June 2020*

*_Research Articles_**__*

**

Yiu-Wai Chu

*Introduction: Mediating borders: New boundaries for Hong Kong studies*

Yiu-Wai Chu

*Hong Kong (in China) studies: Hong Kong popular culture as example*

Matthew Ming-tak Chew

*Discovering the digital Stephen Chow: The transborder influence of Chow’s films on the Chinese Internet in the 2010s*

Helena Wu

*Sports as a lens: The contours of local and national belonging in post-handover Hong Kong*

Weng Kit Chan

*Beyond nationhood: Border and coming of age in Hong Kong cinema*

*__*

*_Original Articles_*

*__*

Chen Yang

*How China’s image affects Chinese products in a partisan-motivated US market*

**

**

Xianwen Kuang, Hui Wang

*Framing international news in China: An analysis of trans-edited news in Chinese newspapers*

**

*__*

*__*

*__*

*_Book Reviews_*

**

Min Jiang

*Book Review: Robert Hinck, Skye Cooley, & Randolph Kluver, /Global Media and Strategic Narratives of Contested Democracy: Chinese, Russian, and Arabic Media Narratives of the US Presidential Election/*

//

Saba Bebawi

*Book Review: Haiyan Wang, /The Transformation of Investigative Journalism in China: From Journalists to Activists/*

*//*

Yuan Ping

*Book Review: X Zhang, H Wasserman & W Mano (Eds.), /China’s Media and Soft Power in Africa: Promotion and Perceptions /and K Batchelor & X Zhang (Eds.),/China-Africa Relations: Building Images Through Cultural Cooperation, Media Representation and Communication/*