Archive for publications, December 2019

[Commlist] New Book: The Beauty of Detours

Wed Dec 04 14:00:11 GMT 2019

New book /The Beauty of Detours: //A Batesonian Philosophy of Technology/, now available for order at the SUNY Press web shop:

https://www.sunypress.edu/p-6830-the-beauty-of-detours.aspx

In the book, I bring together philosophy of technology and the work of anthropologist-cyberneticist Gregory Bateson. For people familiar with philosophy of technology, it may be interesting for the fresh view on the field that it seeks to offer by way of Bateson. For those acquainted with Bateson, conversely, the book may be instructive given the ways it explores how his thinking plays out in matters of (philosophy of) technology. If you’re unfamiliar with either, the book may serve as a primer in both. In any case, I hope you can find it useful and I’d be curious to hear what you think about it.

Unfortunately, only a quite expensive hardcover is available at this point. However, there is currently a holiday sale going on at SUNY Press – which may make it more interesting for some of you. Until December 15, you get a 40% discount on all titles using the code XHHS19.