Archive for calls, October 2024

[Commlist] CFP: Reading Reality TV

Fri Oct 18 19:20:00 GMT 2024

Call for Presentations:
/Reading Reality Television/

DePaul Pop Culture Conference

DePaul University – Conference

May 03, 2025

We are now accepting submissions for the twelfth annual DePaul Pop Culture Conference, hosted by the College of Communication! This year’s conference “Reading Reality TV” will take place on May 05, 2025 at DePaul University-Loop campus (Chicago, IL). A limited number of hybrid presentation slots will be available. More details can be found at popcultureconference.com <http://popcultureconference.com>.

This event will feature roundtable discussions from scholars and fans of reality television/.**/Our keynote speaker is *Emily Nussbaum, *TV Critic and author of /Cue The Sun!: The Invention of Reality TV/, with more keynotes to be announced soon.**

Participants may propose papers or panels about a broad array of ideas related to Reality Television. All papers should be 5-7 minutes long. The audience for this event is varied: scholars, students, fans, and community members.

Please *submit an abstract* of your talk by*Jan 31, 2025 via our website, **https://popcultureconference.com/2025-reading-reality-tv* <https://popcultureconference.com/2025-reading-reality-tv>*. *If you are interested in contributing to our published charity volume, papers of 2,000-5,000 words will be due by *Friday, March 15.*

For more information, please check out popcultureconference.com <http://popcultureconference.com>, sign up for updates on Facebook (search “Pop Culture Conference”), and follow us on Twitter or Instagram at @dpu_popculture. You can also email (popcultureconference /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(popcultureconference /at/ gmail.com)>.