Archive for calls, October 2024

[Commlist] CfP NOSTAGAIN's Nostalgia Symposium 2025

Sun Oct 13 13:04:51 GMT 2024

CfP Love & Loss: Nostalgia Symposium and Research Creation Event 2025

*About*
The NOSTAGAIN Network is a research collective exploring the generative potentials of nostalgia. We are launching our interdisciplinary symposium on Valentines Day -- February 14, 2025 -- titled "Love & Loss" at Concordia University, Montreal.

*Symposium Theme*
Nostalgia is a complex thing to talk about and pinpoint. Scholarly efforts to recognize the more positive aspects of nostalgia have opened up insights for how nostalgia can be beneficial and creative. Yet, inherent to nostalgia is the grief associated with a desire to return to someplace lost or missing something lost. There is both love and loss in nostalgia.

What does nostalgia look like in our media space, political landscape, relationship with devices, online communities, technological progress, nature and e-waste, AI and the 'aura' of being human and memory, and much more!

We are inviting media, communication, and interested scholars and artists to parse out the bittersweet portrait of nostalgia. Your works can be presented, exhibited, or performed.

*Submission Guidlines*
Our full CfP is available at: www.nostagain.ca/cfp2025 <http://www.nostagain.ca/cfp2025>

Paper Presentations Abstract      12 January 2025
Research Creation Projects         12 January 2025

Symposium Date                          14 February 2025

*Contact*
Please write to (nostagain /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(nostagain /at/ gmail.com)>
to Richy Srirachanikorn