Archive for calls, October 2024

[Commlist] CfP: The 12th International Conference on Multimodality

Tue Oct 01 14:31:45 GMT 2024

The call for papers for the 12th International Conference on Multimodalityin Groningen, the Netherlands, is now open. We look forward to welcoming you to "The Multimodal Multiverse", 29-31 October 2025, at the Center for Language and Cognition and Jantina Tammes School of Digital Society, Technology and AI, Groningen.

The Conference Aim: The conference seeks to unite diverse multimodality research fields, focusing on meaning creation in communication. We aim to establish common ground, foster interdisciplinary connections, and encourage collaborations through networking events.

Submission Topics: We welcome submissions from all disciplines related to multimodal communication, including theories, methods, analysis, empirical studies, and triangulation of results in mixed- and multi-methods environments.

Presentation Formats:

  *

    Format A [Pitch]: 5-minute pitch + 15-minute discussion for feedback
    on research ideas.

  *

    Format B [Talk]: 20-minute talk + 10-minute discussion for standard
    presentations.

  *

    Format C [Poster]: Poster presentation during a 50-minute session.

  *

    Format D [Workshop]: 1-hour and 15-minute interactive workshop
    focusing on practical aspects and audience engagement.

Submission Guidelines:

Abstracts will undergo a double-blind review for quality, novelty, significance, and relevance. Submit via Google Forms athttps://forms.gle/UbX4Qq9xhHiRXXNj8 <https://forms.gle/UbX4Qq9xhHiRXXNj8>, with a maximum of 300 words (excluding references) and up to 5 keywords. In-person presentation is required.

More information at the Conference website: https://bit.ly/12ICOM <https://bit.ly/12ICOM>.

Deadline:The deadline for all submissions is 1 December 2024. Notifications of acceptance will be sent out on 1 February 2025.