Archive for calls, August 2022

[Commlist] Call for editors: MedieKultur

Tue Aug 30 21:16:54 GMT 2022

*Call for Editors:/MedieKultur. Journal of media and communication research/*

/MedieKultur//. Journal of media and communication research/invites new members to join its editorial team. We are a highly ranked and well-renowned Danish media and communication studies journal. Our editorial team consists of researchers from universities in Denmark and Europe, and we would like to involve new colleagues to supplement the competences and fields of research represented in our team. We aim to assemble an editorial team with representatives from diverse institutions and fields of research to represent Danish and international media and communication studies in the broadest sense. As a member of the editorial team, you will contribute to the ongoing development of Danish and international media studies, and you will become part of a broad research network.

We are specifically interested in colleagues with expertise in the following fields:

·Anthropology and media

·Migration studies

·Journalism

·Quantitative methods

Editorial tasks include the ongoing editing of articles submitted to the open section within your area of research. Fromtime to time, you will function as an issue editor with the main responsibility for an entire issue. The regular tasks of an editor include:

·Managing the peer review process

·Estimating whether submitted manuscripts are suitable for publication in /MedieKultur/

·Provide feedback and support to the other editors in all matters concerning the editorial work

·Planning the contents and future of the journal in cooperation with the other editors

Qualifications:

·Broad academic qualifications in media and communication studies

·Openness towards different methods, theories, and approaches

The editorial team works with an online management system and meets twice a year. The editorial work is unpaid but travel and catering expenses in connection with meetings are reimbursed.

How to apply:

The application (maximum 1 page) should describe your motivation for applying, professional qualifications, and special areas of interest. Please also enclose a personal CV (maximum 1 page).

For additional information about the position, please contact Editor-in-chief Stinne Krogager (stinne /at/ ikp.aau.dk) <mailto:(stinne /at/ ikp.aau.dk)>or one of the other members of the editorial board. You can also consult the journal’s webpage: https://tidsskrift.dk/index.php/mediekultur <https://tidsskrift.dk/index.php/mediekultur>

Send your application to Stinne Krogager: (stinne /at/ ikp.aau.dk) <mailto:(stinne /at/ ikp.aau.dk)>