Archive for calls, April 2022

[Commlist] Japanese-German Conference: Artificial Intelligence and the Human

Thu Apr 07 11:46:28 GMT 2022

Japanese-German Conference: Artificial Intelligence and the Human: Registration Now Open!

We invite you to now register for our upcoming conference “Artificial Intelligence and the Human – Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Science and Fiction”, which will take place as an on-site event from 11 May to 13 May 2022 in Berlin, Germany. Registration is facilitated via this form: https://app.guestoo.de/public/event/d20cef82-83eb-4a52-8a69-3f3a01bf3bc0 <https://app.guestoo.de/public/event/d20cef82-83eb-4a52-8a69-3f3a01bf3bc0>

After two years of mostly meeting virtually, this will be an opportunity to network with colleagues in person again and attend keynote addresses, panel discussions, workshops, and cultural activities.

We are looking forward to making this conference a success.

Conference Agenda:

Wednesday, 11 May 2022 · Location: tbd
19:00–20:30 Keynote Address I: How the World Sees Intelligent Machines

Thursday, 12 May 2022 · Location:  Japanese-German Center Berlin (JDZB)
10:00–10:30 Welcome Note and Introduction
10:30–12:00 Concurrent Panels
Imagining AI & the Human
Robot-Human Interaction

13:30–15:00 Concurrent Panels
The Languages of AI
Bodies, Intimacies, Relationships

15:30–17:00 Concurrent Panels
Industries
Brain & Mind

17:30–19:00 Keynote Address II
19:00 Performance + Reception

Friday, 13 May 2022 · Location: Japanese-German Center Berlin (JDZB)
9:15–10:45 Concurrent Panels
Asian AI vs. European AI? Methodological Challenges of Cross-Cultural Research
Smart, Caring and Sensitive Environments

11:15–12:45 Concurrent Panels
Futures & Fictions
Robots and the human: Cross-cultural perspectives

14:00–15:15 Workshops and Networking Activities
15:45–16:45 Keynote address III: How to Build Developing Minds
16:45–17:45 Closing Discussion
18:00 Conference Closing & Snacks