Archive for calls, July 2020

[Commlist] Call for Contributions: The Journeys of Cary Grant - Audio-Visual Celebration

Mon Jul 27 22:45:44 GMT 2020

Call for Contributions: The Journeys of Cary Grant: An Audiovisual Celebration

The Cary Comes Home Festival, in partnership with The Video Essay Podcast is seeing video essays on Cary Grant. Celebrating the 100th anniversary of Cary Grant’s journey to the United States and international stardom, his hometown’s festival is seeking video essays exploring journeys of many types.

Rolling Deadline: until 16 October 2020, we'll begin to post submissions to the website from September.

For more details and how to submit visit the Cary Comes Home website: https://www.carycomeshome.co.uk/events/the-journeys-of-cary-grant-an-audiovisual-celebration and/or The Video Essay Podcast website: https://thevideoessay.com/carygrant

Just a quick reminder about our two events tomorrow in partnership with the UWE Bristol Moving Image Research Group:

Greeting Cary Grant: A Virtual Tour of Cary Grant’s New York
Tuesday 28th July, 11:00 BST, I'll be getting creative with Google Earth to give you a glimpse of the impact of NYC on Grant's star persona. Tickets: https://t.co/PVg1cIhA38?amp=1

Some Versions of Cary Grant Tuesday 28th July, 18:00 BST, James Naremore will be analysing Grant's range of performance styles. Tickets: https://t.co/MpNQnAl467?amp=1

Both events are on Zoom (for which you need to book a ticket), but they're also being live streamed on www.facebook.com/carycomeshome and the videos will be available to view later on our website.

Finally, save the date for the 4th Cary Comes Home festival 20-22 November - we're moving online and will be announcing events in the Autumn.