Archive for calls, June 2019

[Commlist] CFA: Time for HIV: Somatechnics of viral networks, temporalities and politics

Wed Jun 26 10:58:54 GMT 2019

Somatechnics<https://www.euppublishing.com/loi/soma> special journal issue (Edinburgh University Press)
"Time for HIV: Somatechnics of viral networks, temporalities and politics"
Co-edited by guest editors Desireé Ljungcrantz and Malena Gustavson

First submissions (200-word abstract + 150-word author biography) due: 26 July, 2019
Length: 6000 words + 200-word abstract + 150-word author biography
Submission email: (desiree.ljungcrantz /at/ liu.se), (malena.gustavson /at/ gmail.com)
Journal submission details (incl. style): http://www.euppublishing.com/page/soma/submissions

In this special issue of Somatechnics we explore the shifting paradigms of HIV in an era that might be defined by "the pharmaceutical turn." Our intentions are to unfold the idea of HIV as a chronic illness. The issue will focus on how HIV is imagined and constructed in the contemporary social, historical and geo-political context. We are especially interested in articles that focus on the necro- and biopolitics of HIV? We invite contributions that analyze how embodied subjectivities (soma) and narratives (techne) interplay with prepossessions of HIV. We are especially interested in the multifaceted discourses and the continuous modifications of medical and pharmacological antiretroviral drugs. More specifically, the issue will focus on the various technologies, social relationships and organizations of knowledge production on HIV. We welcome articles that reimagine HIV patienthoods; activist mobilizations; dis/continuities of risk discourses and affectivities of HIV; geopolitics; and the temporalities and corporealities of HIV embodiment. Submissions should consider how racist, heterosexist and nationalist anxieties and melancholies co-construct the somatechnics of HIV. Additionally, we are interested in articles that explore HIV activism and their discursive and material assemblages. The politics and pedagogies of HIV activism includes, but is not limited to unlearning endeavors that consider the affective life of HIV and prejudice, lust, passion, sex, intimacies and so forth. Finally, we welcome articles that theorize the somatechnics of life in the time(s) of HIV.
Submissions must:
? Be approximately 6000-7000 words.
? Employ the Harvard Author-date reference system.
? Be saved as either a Word.doc, docx or rtf file.
? Include a separate title page, including author name, institutional affiliation, contact information, and biography (150 words or less). ? Be accompanied by an abstract of between 200-250 words, as well as between 4-6 research keywords.
? Be typed double-spaced with left justification and all pages numbered.
Note: Author name(s) should not appear on the article manuscript itself.
Submit abstract and author biography by July 26, 2019 to:
(desiree.ljungcrantz /at/ liu.se) and (malena.gustavson /at/ gmail.com)?

We invite potential contributors to email us at the above address to discuss their submission ideas. Following the deadline, guest editors will review the manuscripts and determine those to be sent for full peer review.