Archive for calls, March 2019

[Commlist] Call for Digital Media Practitioners: Filmmaking Opportunity

Thu Mar 28 20:29:38 GMT 2019

*Call for Digital Media Practitioners: Filmmaking Opportunity*

Deadline for applications: *10 April 2019*

*
*

/Creative Interruption/s (Brunel University London)//in collaboration with /The Runnymede Trust, /invite expressions of interest from innovative digital media practitioners (filmmakers, animators, etc.) who work across artistic media platforms, to produce and create a short film with us. The chosen practitioner will be expected to showcase work produced at the BFI Southbank this June, as part of our festival <https://creativeinterruptions.com/festival/>, for a live audience of artists, cultural and creative industry professionals, and policy experts.

This is a paid opportunity to commission a practitioner/collective to produce and create a short film. We are looking for practitioners who want to contribute to the <http://creativeinterruptions.com>Creative interruptions <https://creativeinterruptions.com/> project, led by Professor Sarita Malik and Runnymede <https://www.runnymedetrust.org/>, the UK’s leading independent race equality think tank. They will be passionate about collaboration and advocate for equality in the arts, activist practices, and grassroots craft.

Themes of interest for the film can include (not limited, but must be related to these):

  * inequalities and racism in the arts
  * making differences between policies and practice in the art world
  * engaging with the ideas of race, access, and representation
  * ideas and opinions related to how art is used to tackle issues
    around race and/or class, and other inequalities

We would like your work to show the strengths, diversity, imagination, and innovative nature of your chosen genre: from observation to filmic essays, creative short films, animation films, 360 films, VR films. We are open to submissions on/or around the above-suggested ideas. If you think you have a great idea related to these themes, please mention this in your application.

Works should be between up to 5 minutes long and ready to be exhibited at the /Creative Interruptions/ festival <http://creativeinterruptions.com/festival> in June 2019, subject to schedule and feasibility. The deadline for the film submission is 28 May 2019.

/The commission fee will be up to £3000 depending on submitted budget./

This collaboration is between you, /Creative Interruptions, Brunel University London/ and /The Runnymede Trust/. Our aim is to promote how artists and filmmakers use the arts, media, and creativity to challenge exclusion.

HOW TO APPLY

  * A one-page CV
  * A one-page expression of interest. This document should address,
    /your practice and the way you work; why you are interested in this
    project; and how you would approach working with suggested ideas,
    and your initial ideas/.
  * Additional LINKS to your portfolio website, showreel, or online videos.
  * A budget break-down (pre-production, production, post-production)
  * Please combine these documents into one single file (doc. / PDF).
  * The email subject line should read: Open Call App <YOUR INITIALS>.
  * Send as an email attachment to the project’s curator, Yiota
    Demetriou ((panayiota.demetriou /at/ brunel.ac.uk)
    <mailto:(panayiota.demetriou /at/ brunel.ac.uk)>)
  * Deadline of application 10th April 2019 10 am. We will not be
    accepting submissions after this time.
We welcome and encourage applications from those currently underrepresented in our workforce and in the arts community; particularly working-class people, people of colour, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender people, and disabled people (as defined by the Equality Act 2010).