Archive for calls, March 2019

[Commlist] Call for expressions of interest - UKRI Future Leaders Research Leadership - Cardiff School of Journalism, Media & Culture

Mon Mar 11 20:06:47 GMT 2019

The School of Journalism, Media & Culture (JOMEC) at Cardiff University welcomes expressions of interest from applicants who wish to apply for a UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) Future Leaders Fellowships (FLF).

JOMEC is a top-rated institution in the UK for media teaching and research that helps to shape international media, journalism and communication landscapes. We combine a long-standing record of excellence in teaching and training with an outstanding research portfolio, routinely winning awards from a wide range of bodies. This reputation was recognised in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, where we were ranked 2nd for the quality of our journalism, media and communications research. When compared with 66 other institutions in the UK, 89% of our research was classed as either ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’, with both our research environment and the impact of our research receiving a score of 100%.

The FLF scheme welcomes applications from both UK and international applicants. Individuals should use the person specification in the call document <https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ukri.org%2Ffiles%2Ffunding%2Fflf-overview-of-the-scheme&data=01%7C01%7CWahl-JorgensenK%40cardiff.ac.uk%7Cd40a27377b7c40e8b5c308d6a62ee9cf%7Cbdb74b3095684856bdbf06759778fcbc%7C1&sdata=3dxU8lrjySHqoQEt6Lg4kZcnhpUpPaCFqKSWOZ3VMVg%3D&reserved=0>(https://www.ukri.org/files/funding/flf-overview-of-the-scheme/ <https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ukri.org%2Ffiles%2Ffunding%2Fflf-overview-of-the-scheme%2F&data=01%7C01%7CWahl-JorgensenK%40cardiff.ac.uk%7Cd40a27377b7c40e8b5c308d6a62ee9cf%7Cbdb74b3095684856bdbf06759778fcbc%7C1&sdata=RumFWJfL3RbihqV%2BTWLimRdQbTlmfAoWiXN3sLfOS%2Fc%3D&reserved=0>) to justify their suitability for the scheme.

The significant support of the institution will be a critical component of these fellowships, which will enable the fellow to transition to or establish their research/innovation independence in any area supported by UKRI.

The support offered will be long-term and flexible and will provide comprehensive package of support, including the fellow's salary and justified research, staff and training costs, with seven years of support available on a 4+3 model, with a review in year four.

The case for support should make clear the long-term aims of the programme, and why they matter – while providing more specific plans and costings for the first four years.

This is a single scheme across the entire UKRI remit, with no ring-fenced budgets for specific areas and no barriers to interdisciplinary or cross-sector research.

*Expressions of interest*

To express interest in this scheme, please email *(risresearchdevelopment /at/ cardiff.ac.uk)* <mailto:(risresearchdevelopment /at/ cardiff.ac.uk)> by the *27^th  March, 2019*, with the following details:

·         your full name

·         your discipline and expected host school (JOMEC).

We will then provide you with all of the information you will need to submit an application to this scheme with Cardiff University as your host organisation.