Archive for calls, March 2017

[ecrea] CFP: Secrecy and Society

Wed Mar 01 15:23:55 GMT 2017

Secrecy and Society: Issue 2: CFP
This call for papers is a response to resurgent political trends, especially in the wake of recent world events and social movements. In Issue 2 of Secrecy and Society, we address the subject of secrecy and authoritarianism, including how ideology and popular beliefs are constituted through knowledge claims such as "alternative facts," disinformation, disingenuous rhetoric, “populist conspiracy theory,” "post-truth," and propaganda. We welcome papers that also propose novel theories and methods that conceptualize these subjects. The inspiration for this special section is Richard Hofstadter’s paranoid style in politics, history as conspiracy, and ideas on anti-intellectualism. We encourage scholars, including doctoral students, from around the globe to submit their work. In addition to papers on the theme of secrecy and authoritarianism, submissions that address any aspect of secrecy and society will be considered.

      Important Dates

Deadline for abstracts: March 20, 2017
Deadline for submissions: June 15, 2017
Publication of issue: July, 2017