Archive for calls, February 2017

[ecrea] PUBLIC journal - call for book reviews

Wed Feb 08 10:42:39 GMT 2017

Book reviews wanted for PUBLIC journal.

PUBLIC Art / Culture / Ideas (www.publicjournal.ca <http://www.publicjournal.ca/>) is an academic arts journal published in Toronto since 1988 by the Public Access Collective, a not-for-profit charity. We print 1,000 copies of our issues, and are distributed worldwide.

Our scope is vast: we encourage proposals for books from the fields of cinema, media, visual, and cultural studies, art history and architecture, and critical theory.

We have recently included reviews of: The Violence of the Image: Photography and International Conflict(eds. Liam Kennedy and Caitlin Patrick); Retracing the Expanded Field – Encounters Between Art and Architecture (eds. Spyros Papapetros & Julian Rose); A Theory of the Drone(Gregoire Chamayou); The Ordinary Man of Cinema (Jean-Louis Schefer);Performance and Temporalisation: Time Happens (eds. Stuart Grant, Maeva Veerapen, & Jodie McNeilly);Cinema in the Expanded Field(eds. François Bovier & Adeena May);The Art and Politics of Asger Jorn(Karen Kurczynski); Girls’ Feminist Blogging in a Postfeminist Age(Jessalyn Keller); Is Toronto Burning?(Philip Monk).

Please send proposals to Jessica Mulvogue at (jessica /at/ publicjournal.ca) <mailto:(jessica /at/ publicjournal.ca)>. Include the name, author, year (no earlier than 2015), and a brief synopsis of the book as well as a short bio.