Archive for calls, March 2014

[ecrea] 'Anthropology and Photography' Conference, British Museum,

Thu Mar 20 04:16:01 GMT 2014

The Royal Anthropological Institute is pleased to announce that registration
is now open for our ŒAnthropology and Photography¹ Conference taking place
at the British Museum, Clore Centre, London,  29 ­ 31 May 2014, in
conjunction with the museum¹s Department of Africa, Oceania and the
Americas.

The aim of the conference is to stimulate an international discussion on the
place, role and future of photography.
Some of the main themes addressed in the conference include:

- The use of photography across anthropological disciplines

- Photography and globalisation

- Visual method and photo theory

- Regional photographic practices

- Technological innovation and digital environments

- Revisiting and re-contextualising archival images

- The changing place of photography in museums and exhibitions

- Ethics, copyright, access and distribution of images

For more information and registration details visit:
http://www.therai.org.uk/conferences/anthropology-and-photography
<http://www.therai.org.uk/conferences/anthropology-and-photography>

We would greatly appreciate your help in disseminating this information
to colleagues, friends and students that may be interested in attending.

Thank you in advance for your help and we look forward to seeing you in
May!

Best wishes,
Susanne

Susanne Hammacher