Archive for calls, March 2008

[ecrea] CFP: DIMEA 2008 - 3rd International Conference on Digital Interactive Media in Entertainment and Arts

Tue Mar 11 09:20:40 GMT 2008

>         ===================================================================
>                                            CALL FOR PAPERS
>
>         3rd International Conference on Digital
> Interactive Media in Entertainment and Arts
>                                              DIMEA 2008
>
>                                        10-12 September 2008
>                           Athens Information Technology (AIT), Athens, Greece
>                              Conference Web
> site: <http://www.dimea2008.org>http://www.dimea2008.org
>
>                      Paper and Art/Demos
> Submission Deadline: April 30ieth, 2008
>         ===================================================================
>
>         The advances in computer entertainment,
> multi-player/online gaming, technology-enabled art,
>         culture and performance have created
> new forms of entertainment that attract, immerse and
>         absorb their participants. The
> phenomenal success of such a "culture" to initiate a mass
>         audience in patterns and practices of
> its own consumption has supported the evolution of
>         an enormously powerful mass
> entertainment, digital art and performance industry extending
>         deeply into every aspect of our lives,
> leading further to major societal and business
>         contacting changes.
>
>         The International Conference on Digital
> Interactive Media in Entertainment and Arts (DIMEA),
>         in cooperation with ACM, is the premier
> forum for the presentation of societal, business
>         and technological advances and research
> results in cross-disciplinary areas related with
>         digital interactive media in
> entertainment, art and creative technologies. This conference
>         is dedicated to build common ground
> between research, design and development, learning
>         and collaboration in its myriad digital
> media forms: one of its many objectives is the
>         exploration of 'play & learn',
> demonstrating new arenas and applications for digital
>         gaming and incorporating leading edge
> technologies, designs and models in our changing
>         views about what is involved in gaming.
>
>         DIMEA 2008 is jointly organized by
> Athens Information Technology (AIT), ACM Special
>         Interest Group on Computer Human
> Interaction (ACM SIGCHI, Singapore Chapter) and the
>         Society for Excellence and Innovation
> in Interactive Experience Design (InExDe)
>
>         DIMEA 2008 will bring together
> academics, technologists, artists, designers, and
>         industry representatives to address and
> advance the leading edge of new digital and
>         interactive media. Who should attend:
> Academics, Animators, Artists, Designers,
>         Developers, Educators, Engineers, Game
> Designers, Industry Professionals, Media Industry,
>         Video Producers, Directors, Writers,
> Performers, Photographers, Videographers,
>         Researchers, Students. Anyone who wants
> to be inspired to adopt advanced ways in
>         industry, society, business, research
> and teaching, expand their knowledge on a wide
>         variety of topics within the field of
> digital media, network with cross-disciplinary
>         experts from digital media
> professionals to academic experts, and evolve with this
> [...]

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
----------------------------
NEW BOOKS OUT
Understanding Alternative Media
by Olga Bailey, Bart Cammaerts, Nico Carpentier
(December 2007)
http://mcgraw-hill.co.uk/html/0335222102.html
Participation and Media Production. Critical Reflections on Content Creation.
Edited by Nico Carpentier and Benjamin De Cleen
(January 2008)
<http://www.c-s-p.org/Flyers/Participation-and-Media-Production--Critical-Reflections-on-Content-Creation1-84718-453-7.htm>http://www.c-s-p.org/Flyers/Participation-and-Media-Production--Critical-Reflections-on-Content-Creation1-84718-453-7.htm

ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/