Archive for calls, October 2003

[eccr] conference The EU as a Civil Superpower

Fri Oct 03 11:36:11 GMT 2003

>"The EU as a Civil Superpower"
>
>Thursday 16 October, European Parliament in Brussels
>Rue Wiertz, 1047
>ROOM ASP 1 G 02
>

>Programme
>
>  9H00 arrival and registration
>
>9h30 - 11h00
>  'The EU as a global civil player'
>chair and introduction: : Joost Lagendijk (MEP)
>panel:  Michael Emerson (Centre for European Policy Studies) and Philip
>Golub (journalist at the Monde diplomatique and lecturer at the University
>of Paris-VIII - to be confirmed)
>
>11h00 - 11h45
>'Conflict prevention as a key target of the European security and defence
>policy'
>chair: Elisabeth Schroedter (MEP)
>panel: Maria McLoughlin (European Commission; confirmed) and Felix
>Nkundabagenzi (Groupe de recherche et d'information sur la paix et la sécurité)
>
>11h45-12h30
>'The European Civil Peace Corps'
>chair: Per Gahrton (MEP)
>panel: Arno Truger (Austrian Centre for Peace and Conflict Resolution),
>Catriona Gourlay (International Security Information Service)
>
>12H30-13H00
>'Conclusions and Follow Up'
>chair: Joost Lagendijk
>panel: all the speakers of the day
>

>In all parts of the programme the audience will have ample possibilities
>to intervene; simultaneous interpretation in EU languages is foreseen.
>Information and registration (please note that  emailed or faxed
>registration in advance is needed for all those who would need an
>access-badge and we would require your name, place of residence, function,
>date of birth and E-mail):
>(eguelcher /at/ europarl.eu.int), fax: +32-2-2842560, (tel: 2843613)

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
<http://www.kubrussel.ac.be/>Katholieke Universiteit Brussel - Catholic
University of Brussels
Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-412.42.78
Office: 4/0/18
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.05